Coronavirus "COVID-19" Information
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of these Policies?
The Policies have been prepared to inform students, faculty, staff, regulatory bodies, and the general community about 91大神's policies and procedures that are being implemented with regards to protecting our community against the spread of COVID-19. The underlying principle for this Plan is that a safe learning environment requires personal responsibility. Individuals must maintain social distancing, appropriately use personal protective equipment ("PPE") and be accountable for self-isolating. Through personal responsibility, risks can be reduced and in-person campus activity can resume.
What are the Fundamental Safety Principles?
The three fundamental safety principles are: (i) Maintain Social Distancing, (ii) Use Personal Protective Equipment, and (iii) Be accountable
What are some of my responsibilities according to the Policies?
- Washing of Hands: All individuals are expected to wash their hands (i) before eating or preparing food; (ii) before touching their face;
- Cleaning and Disinfecting of Surfaces: All individuals are expected to clean and disinfect equipment and personal items (e.g., laptops, cellphones, pocketbooks, etc.) prior to bringing such items into a campus.
- Monitor Health: Individuals planning to enter a campus must perform a self-screen prior to coming onsite and should not attempt to enter the campus if any of the following are present: (i) symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste), (ii) fever equal to or higher than 100.4 F, (iii) are under evaluation for COVID-19 (e.g., waiting for results of a viral test to confirm infection), or (iv) have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared to discontinue isolation.
What are some reasons why I wouldn't be allowed on campus?
- Registering a body temperature greater than 100.4 F, or
- Displaying COVID-19 symptoms
What types of PPE are recommended while I am on campus?
Masks and Cloth Face Coverings: Wearing of a mask is recommended at all times while on campus, both inside and outside.
Can I eat or drink inside the building?
Eating and drinking is permissible inside the building. Eating in classrooms is not allowed while classes are in session.
Who do I contact to: (i) ask questions about the Plan, (ii) recommend Plan improvements, or (iii) report a suspected violation of the Plan?
Recommendations or suggestions for improvements and suspected violations of the policies and procedures should be forwarded to CAO@jerseycollege.edu