Nursing Program Admissions
Fort Lauderdale Campuses
Port Charlotte Campuses
General Admissions Requirements
To become a student in one of 91大神's nursing programs, prospective applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be at least eighteen (18) year of age.
- Present proof of high school education or its equivalent (as defined by the US DOE)* The high school education can be from a foreign school if it is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.* 91大神 does not offer admission based on Ability to Benefit (ATB).
- Present proof of U.S. citizenship or a permanent resident card (aka green card).*
- Complete an application for admissions.
- Participate in interviews with administration and/or faculty members and obtain a recommendation for admission, based on information received during the application process
- Make an advance program deposit for tuition and fees. The deposit will be applied against the total tuition and fees of the program that is in effect on the date of enrollment.*
In addition to meeting the US DOE definition for high school education, applicants must meet the following: For a Florida campus-based program “evidence of a high school graduation diploma, general equivalency diploma, or its equivalent” (Florida Statutes Rule 6E-2.004(4)(m)3, Fla. Admin. Code).
Students in enrolling in a nursing program in the State of Indiana must provide “a complete high school transcript” and applicants providing a GED must provide “a copy of the test results listing individual and total scores on the GED test ...” with satisfactory test scores (848 IAC 1-2-11(e),(f)).
Applicants shall have completed work equal to a standard high school course with a minimum of 16 units, including 4 units of English, 3 units of Social Studies, 2 units of Mathematics (one of which is Algebra) and 2 units of Science with a related laboratory or the equivalent. Title 49 Pa.C.S. §21.101(c)
Applicants are accepted into 91大神 based on, among other things, their application responses, references, interview results, entrance and critical thinking exam results, grades in prerequisite courses and other factors. applicants are notified as to their status (acceptance or denial into program) by letter. Meeting the minimum criteria for admission does not guarantee admission to the college. Students’ acceptance letters contain the contact information for scheduling appointments with the Financial Aid Office and the Registrar’s office. A comprehensive orientation is typically held the week prior to the first day of class.
Enrollment & Registration
To enroll and register in courses at 91大神, students must undertake the following activities:
- Make arrangements for the payment of tuition and associated program fees.
- Satisfactorily pass a background check.
- Execute an Enrollment Agreement.
- Determine sequence of courses.
- Attend a comprehensive orientation session.
- Complete all documents and paperwork associated with enrollment, including, but not limited to attestations of receipt of policies, acknowledgements of responsibilities, emergency contacts and other documentation.
Students seeking to enroll in and register for nursing courses with clinical and practicum experiences are also required to undertake the following activities to enroll, register and participate in such courses:
- Present evidence of good physical health (including a physical examination from the past six months) and documentation of fitness to work in health care.
- Present proof of current Mantoux test, Tetanus, Hepatitis B (or a waiver), laboratory titer evidence for measles, mumps and rubella, varicella, and other immunizations.
- Provide proof of current certification in Basic Life Safing for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.*
- Provide proof of a current, active, unencumbered LPN license.*
- Meet the techncical standards of the nursing programs (see below).
In addition, students seeking to enroll in and register for nursing courses with clinical experiences (whether a 91大神 direct supervised experience or a preceptorship experience) may also be required to undertake activities mandated by the clinical facilities, including but not limited to, (i) participating in drug screenings, (ii) providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19, the flu and other viruses, (iii) completing mask fit testing, (iv) executing facility attestations and agreements and (v) attending training sessions and completing assessments.
Students are responsible for all costs associated with enrollment and registration in courses that contain a clinical experience, including, but not limited to physicals, immunizations, background checks, mask fitting, drug screening, and obtaining documentation and records.
Students who are unable to meet the prerequisites required to participate in clinical activities will not be allowed to participate in the course and may be placed on a leave of absence or withdrawn from a program until such time as they are able to meet the requirements.
Students enrolling and registering for Distance Education coursework at 91大神 are expected to participate and complete our College’s orientation program for Distance Education. The purpose of this program, among other things, is to (i) ensure that students understand the technical aspects of Distance Education, (ii) provide students with an opportunity to explore the nuances and rigors associated with Distance Education and (iii) allow students the opportunity to demonstrate certain competencies with the use of technology. The Distance Education orientation is conducted through our e-learning platform, Canvas®.
Students may not enroll in and register for courses with time conflicts (i.e., scheduled class times that overlap). In addition, students may not enroll in and register for both daytime and evening classes without the prior approval of the Campus Director. If a student is enrolled in or registered for a course without the appropriate permission, 91大神 may direct the registrar to drop the student from the course.
*Certain clinical facilities may require CPR for Health Professionals from the American Red Cross
*This provision applies to students granted advanced placement in the Professional Nursing program.
Students seeking to enroll in and register for nursing courses with clinical and practicum experiences also must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet certain minimum technical standards (the “Technical Standards”), including:
- Communicate and assimilate information in spoken, printed, signed and electronic format.
- Gather, analyze and draw conclusions from data.
- Stand for a minimum of two hours.
- Walk for a minimum of six hours, not necessarily consecutively.
- Stoop, bend and twist for a minimum of thirty minutes at a time and be able to repeat this activity at frequent intervals.
- Lift a 40-pound person or assist with a larger person and transfer the person from one location to another.
- Determine by touch: hotness/coldness/wetness/dryness, hardness and softness.
- Have the muscle dexterity necessary to do such tasks as gloving, gowning, and operating controls on equipment.
- Respond to spoken words and call bells.
- Monitor signals from vital sign assessment equipment.
- Identify behaviors that would endanger a person's life or safety and intervene quickly in a crisis situation with appropriate solution.
- Remain calm, rational, decisive, and in control at all times.
- Exhibit social skills appropriate to professional interactions.
- Maintain cleanliness and personal grooming consistent with close personal contact.
- Function without causing harm to self or others if under the influence of prescription or over-the-counter medications.
The foregoing technical standards may be met with or without accommodations. 91大神 complies with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and will make reasonable accommodations for an applicant with a disability that is otherwise qualified.
Computers and computerized devices have become an integral part of society and the educational learning process. Students entering 91大神 are expected to possess basic computer literacy and skills, including, but not limited to sending and receiving emails, conducting Internet research, creating word processing documents and creating presentations.
Students are advised that 91大神 utilizes electronic systems for assessments, academic and social announcements and dissemination of other information. Moreover, most courses at 91大神 require students to utilize a computer or a computerized device for completion of course assignments, including, but not limited to, creation of PowerPoint-style presentations, development of academic papers (word processing and typing skills), presentation of data in tables, graphs, and charts, and database, Internet or other electronic research. While possession of a personal computer or a computerized device and access to Internet outside of the college is encouraged, each campus at 91大神 maintains a designated lab with computers and Internet access for usage by students.
*Under limited circumstances as approved by the Academic Standards Committee and allowable by federal and state law, an applicant who is unable to produce the required proof of high school education or its equivalent, may attest to high school education or its equivalent by completing a self-attestation form.
*91大神 may require students with foreign diplomas to verify the diploma and education. Such verification may include, but is not limited to, requests for high school transcripts, proof of equivalency and authentication and notarization of the diploma by the issuing body, and evaluation of the diploma and/or transcript by an approved third-party evaluation company.
*Applicants with asylum status in the United Sates pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act must submit a completed Form I-94 as proof of granting of asylum. The completed Form I-94 will serve as an alternative to a green card for purposes of admission.
*The minimum deposit is $500.00 (subject to financial considerations). The deposit funds are applied against a student’s account and the total cost of the program.